The business plan serves as a roadmap for the Weyburn Police Services and provides the Chief of Police with direction through goals and objectives in collaboration with the Weyburn Board of Police Commissioners.
The Weyburn Police Service implements this business plan on a yearly basis to meet these key areas and goals.
2021 WPS Business Plan
Working together for a safer community is the top priority for the Weyburn Police Service in its new strategic plan.
View the 2021 WPS Business Plan.
The 2021 WPS Business Plan goals deliver a strategic framework and outlines the future direction of the Weyburn Police Service. A safe and healthy community are key areas of focus for next five years.
Goal 1 – Ensuring A Safer Community For All
- Development and implementation of drug strategy
- Enhanced visibility strategy
- Traffic safety strategy
Goal 2 – Healthy Organization
- Strategies to enhance employee safety, health and wellness
- Enhanced training and professionalism within the WPS
- Strategies to enhance the WPS’ financial health
- Enhanced relationship with city officials and staff
Goal 3 – Community Engagement
- Enhance transparency and accountability to the community
- Develop partnerships with external organizations and agencies