The business plan serves as a roadmap for the Weyburn Police Services and provides the Chief of Police with direction through goals and objectives in collaboration with the Weyburn Board of Police Commissioners.
The Weyburn Police Service implements this business plan on a yearly basis to meet these key areas and goals.
2024 WPS Business Plan
Working together for a safer community remains the top strategic priority for the Weyburn Police Service in its 2024 business plan. The plan was adopted by the Weyburn Board of Police Commissioners in 2021. The 2024 WPS Business Plan is an extension of the previous plan, that enhances the overall strategies and measurables.
View the 2024 WPS Business Plan.
View the 2023 WPS Business Plan.
View the 2021 WPS Business Plan.
The 2024 WPS Business Plan goals deliver a strategic framework and outlines the future direction of the Weyburn Police Service. A safe and healthy community are key areas of focus from 2021 – 2026.
Goal 1 – Ensuring A Safer Community For All
- Continued implementation of drug strategy
- Integration of the Next Generation 9-1-1 system
- Traffic safety strategy
Goal 2 – Healthy Organization
- Strategies to enhance employee safety, health and wellness
- Enhanced training and professionalism within the WPS
- Strategies to enhance the WPS’ financial health
Goal 3 – Community Engagement
- Enhance transparency and accountability to the community
- Develop partnerships with external organizations and agencies