• Over 18 years of age


  • Must complete Grade 12 or Grade 12 Equivalent
  • Must hold current Standard First Aid and CPR (Level “C”) Certification

Visual Acuity

  • Uncorrected visual acuity of 20/60 in both eyes or better, OR 20/40 in one eye and 20/100 in the other eye or better
  • No marked degree of colour blindness


  • Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency Status. Applicants with Temporary Work Permits will not be accepted.


  • Able to pass written, medical and physical examinations
  • Have a good command of English, both written and oral
  • Be in possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license

Documentation Needed

  • Resume
  • Education transcript(s): Grade 12 marks and any educational certification beyond this level
  • Standard First Aid and CPR Level “C” Certificates
  • If not born in Canada, citizenship papers or proof of legal entitlement to work in Canada

Other Requirements

  • No criminal record and be free from criminal involvement in three (3) preceding years, e.g. thefts, illegal drugs. Recent drug use and/or other criminal activity, either detected or undetected by police, will result in disqualification.
  • No criminal convictions for which a pardon has not been granted (a copy of the pardon is required). No Criminal charges pending before the courts.
  • Applicant must agree to submit to a polygraph examination
  • Applicants whose visual acuity has been corrected by laser eye surgery will not be considered until three months after the date of surgery
  • Applicants with at least two years post-secondary education and/or extended period of work experience with increasing performance responsibilities will be given prior consideration
  • Good physical condition
  • A history of volunteerism and community and cultural involvement are preferred
  • Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and computer skills
  • Excellent health and no medical conditions
  • Good driving record
  • If charged and convicted of a criminal offence as an adult (18 years of age or older) a pardon must be received through the National Parole Board prior to applying