SE Regional Victim Services Inc. is a police-based crisis intervention program funded by Victims Services, Saskatchewan Justice, Victims Fund. Victims Services works in partnership with the RCMP and municipal Police Services of Weyburn and Estevan, as well as the community to provide the best possible service to victims during their involvement in the Criminal Justice System and to aid victims of crime and traumatic events by providing information, advocacy, support and referral.
SE Regional Victim Services has developed a number of goals instrumental to our work with victims of crime and traumatic events. Some of these goals include: to minimize trauma and limit the effects of crime; to prevent further victimization; to ensure victims’ rights and needs are being met; to coordinate community and volunteer resources for victims; and to assist the RCMP and Municipal police in providing crime prevention services to the community.
We also provide enhanced services including court preparation for testifying and support to victims and witnesses.
There are five areas where Victim Services gets involved
1) Crisis Intervention
- Respond at time of crime, providing support
- Respond to immediate needs of victims
- Provide information on crisis response
- Support at time of medical attention, police involvement and court
- Support throughout involvement in the Criminal Justice System, also providing court preparation for testifying for victims and witnesses.
- Accessing the criminal justice system
- Completing victim restitution, Victim Impact Statements and compensation forms
- Assist in arranging transportation during involvement with the justice system
- Assist in return of stolen property
- Police procedures
- Specific information relative to their case
- Court dates, court disposition, and court procedures
- Criminal Justice System
- Victims role and rights
- Services available
- Crime prevention
- Information about the probation or parole of the offender
- Advise of resources available
- Refer to appropriate resources to meet victims needs
- Help victims access these referrals
- Coordinate community resources for victims of crime
5) Crime Prevention
- Prevent victimization by educating vulnerable people to recognize and address patterns/effects of violence
- Coordinate/support community crime prevention initiatives
- Home security checks
If you or a family member/friend has been a victim of a crime or traumatic event or if you would like to volunteer with the program please contact the Coordinator at 306-842-4797.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org